Get answers to our most frequently asked questions
What is Savvy Survivor?
Established by Savvy Fitness,
Savvy Survivor is a 7-day charity event with an emphasis on teamwork, fun and participation. Savvy survivor promotes physical activity, resilience and social connectedness in a supportive environment.
Participants are encouraged to challenge themselves and work as a team while raising funds for Healthy Cities Illawarra.
Who is Healthy Cities Illawarra?
We work to create healthy environments and enable healthy choices for the people of the Illawarra and Shoalhaven, NSW.
We believe prevention is the best cure. We aim to address the underlying social, economic and environmental causes of health inequity and are committed to taking action to prevent and control diseases such as heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, asthma, dementia, depression and anxiety.
Read more about us here
What is Active In-Betweens?
Developed by Healthy Cities Illawarra, Active In-Betweens is a free, local, healthy lifestyle program for at-risk 9-12-year-olds. The program builds community connection and increases children’s self-esteem, health literacy, social skills, and resilience, which are protective factors for both physical and mental health.
Our program provides opportunities for children to:
- Connect positively with peers and supportive adults
- Eat and learn about healthy food
- Participate in structured and unstructured play and child-directed physical activity
- Engage with positive social and neighbourhood connection opportunities
- Learn about interpersonal behaviours that contribute to good health
Where do the funds raised go?
Funds raised stay LOCAL to support at-risk kids. To keep our local Health Promotion Officers on the ground and supporting these kids, we need $1,200 per child per year, that’s why we are so thankful that Healthy Cities Illawarra is sole beneficiary for the Savvy Fitness Savvy Survivor challenge.
How can I raise funds?
- Set a target! Aiming high can be a great motivator for you and your supporters.
- Show you are serious by making the first donation and then ask your network to donate too.
- Make a list of people you know and contact them via social media, email and text
- Encourage your friends, family and colleagues to donate and don’t forget to thank them!
- Ask your local businesses about donating. You will be surprised how generous they can be if you just ask!
- Ask others in your tribe what they are doing
What can I do on my social media?
- Utilise all your social platforms
- Always share your fundraising link
- Use relevant and catchy images in all your post
- Make big announcements – halfway to my target, over $500 raised, Tribe has hit $10,000, etc.
- Tag your friends
- Keep each post concise – no more than a few sentences
- Use relevant hashtags
When is Savvy Survivor?
Savvy Survivor will take place over 7-days from Sunday 13th December to Saturday 19th December.