We believe prevention is the best cure. We aim to address the underlying social, economic and environmental causes of health inequity and are committed to taking action to prevent and control diseases such as heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, asthma, dementia, depression, and anxiety.
Read more about us on our website
Developed by Healthy Cities Illawarra, Active In-Betweens is a free, local, healthy lifestyle program for at-risk 9-12-year-olds. The program builds community connection and increases children’s self-esteem, health literacy, social skills, and resilience, which are protective factors for both physical and mental health.
Our program provides opportunities for children to:
- Connect positively with peers and supportive adults
- Eat and learn about healthy food
- Participate in structured and unstructured play and child-directed physical activity
- Engage with positive social and neighbourhood connection opportunities
- Learn about interpersonal behaviours that contribute to good health